Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough provides a range of services and support for older people, including:
- information and rights-based advice on a wide range of subjects;
- weekly visiting scheme offering friendship and support to older people who are lonely or isolated;
- day centres providing an opportunity to socialise out of the house, enjoy activities and entertainment, and have a hot meal;
- home help service offering help with domestic chores;
- community wardens who call daily to check on people, provide reassurance and enable them to continue living in their own home; and
- a gardening service for people in Cambridgeshire, South Cambridgeshire and Fenland.
It also provides the Cambridgeshire Handyperson Service.
Factsheets on a variety of subjects are available free of charge from the national advice line.
Tel: 0800 169 2081 – lines are open 365 days a year, 8.00am to 7.00pm.