Alcohol harm reduction
Bedford Borough and Central Bedfordshire
The CAN Partnership provides an integrated drug and alcohol service for Bedfordshire. The service provides access to a full range of medical, psychological and social options. This will support service users throughout their treatment journey with an emphasis on the individual’s recovery from drug and alcohol misuse.
Community Alcohol Liaison Service (CALS)
The CALS service offers:
- a free and confidential service for adults over 18 years of age in Bedfordshire who are concerned about their drinking or who are experiencing problems with alcohol;
- advice, support and information on how to stop or cut down your alcohol consumption;
- advice on ‘how much is too much alcohol?’;
- signposting and liaison with other services; and
- on-going appointments if required.
The CALS workers are able to offer you alcohol support and advice in the following places:
- local community including GP practices and
- at Bedford Hospital, whilst you are an inpatient or attending A&E.
To make an appointment to see a CALS worker please call 07974 140235.
If you have concerns about alcohol, please contact Alcohol Services for the Community on 01582 723434.
If you have concerns about drugs, including prescription and over-the-counter drugs, please contact Clarendonlink on 01582 439480.