Derbyshire Discretionary Fund (DDF)
This service can provide emergency financial assistance to people who find themselves in serious financial difficulty and have nowhere else to turn.
The Fund provides two forms of grant payment – Exceptional Pressure Grants and Emergency Cash Payments. Eligible people will be supported to resolve their immediate financial difficulties and will be put in touch with other support and services to prevent re-occurrence. All applications to the fund will be assessed on the basis of need, urgency and risk.
Emergency Cash Payment
This assists individuals or households when there are insufficient resources to meet an urgent need for food, heating or travel expenses, which pose an immediate and substantial risk to a person’s health and safety.
Exceptional Pressure Grant
This is given to help people:
- to establish themselves in the community following a stay in an institution or care home;
- to remain in the community rather than enter an institution or care home;
- ease exceptional pressure;
- who are setting up a home as part of a resettlement programme following a period during which they have been without a settled way of life; or
- with travel expenses in certain circumstances, for example to visit someone who is ill; attend a relative’s funeral or ease a domestic crisis.
Awards of Exceptional Pressure Grants vary according to the cost of the items or services for which the award is made.
To make an application, contact the DDF helpline on: 01629 533399, Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 4:00pm or see our website at: www.derbyshire.gov.uk/discretionary fund.