Equipment and adaptations
Assistive technology (Telecare)
Benefits of the Telecare Service include:
- instant response – highly-skilled operators respond to your call and take the right action to get you the help you need, when you need it;
- personal, friendly and dignified service;
- operators will stay on the line with you until help arrives;
- complete reassurance of a 24-hour link to the control centre; and
- easy installation – systems are easy to fit and often wireless, so no ugly wiring.
Examples of the type of equipment used in Warwickshire are:
- personal trigger – a call for help can be raised from anywhere in the home or garden;
- bogus caller button – a discreet button placed near a door, which can be used to call for help from the 24-hour control centre when a stranger asks for entry into your home;
- smoke/carbon monoxide detector – a life-saving device. The detector provides additional protection by raising an instant alarm call to the control centre if anything is detected;
- fall detector – automatically detects a serious fall and raises an alert with the 24-hour control centre;
- flood detector – this small radio sensor gives an early warning by alerting the control centre of potential flood situations in the home; and
- movement detector – this allows the 24-hour control centre to detect inactivity and raise an alert, or, alternatively, to audibly verify and record the presence of an intruder.
To request Telecare, talk to your social worker or an occupational therapist, or contact us on 01926 410410 and ask about receiving the service.
Integrated Community Equipment Service
The Integrated Community Equipment Service (ICES) helps you to live in your own home more easily by providing a range of equipment. This can range from a simple walking stick, to a more complex item like a mobile hoist. To receive this service, you must be assessed as eligible for social care support.
There is no charge for equipment provided by ICES.
If your needs change you can ask for a re-assessment, which may mean your equipment is exchanged for a different piece of equipment.
To return equipment not being used, please telephone 0333 321 8986 and ICES will arrange a time to collect it from you.
You are expected to routinely check, clean and keep equipment in good working order. If the equipment breaks or becomes faulty do not use it, please contact us immediately on 0333 321 8986.
You can also contact Millbrook Healthcare on 0333 321 8986 to ask about the equipment available and you can visit the Mi-life mobility and equipment showroom in Warwickshire run by Millbrook Healthcare where equipment can be purchased. For more information, visit www.mi-life.com