Healthwatch is your independent consumer champion for health and social care in Lincolnshire, putting you at the heart of health and social care services. Its role is to give local people a voice to influence and challenge how health and social care services are provided locally. It does this by listening to and talking with residents from all parts of the community and by holding service providers to account. It is here to make sure your views are heard by the key decision makers.
Healthwatch Lincolnshire can help you to get the best out of health and care services by:
- Providing you with information about your local services and how you can access the help you need.
- Listening to your views about what is and isn’t working well.
- Signposting you when you need to make a complaint about care.
- Working with the organisations that pay for your health or care services and making sure they are aware of the concerns and issues raised by local people.
- Following up any concerns or issues raised by residents to ensure they are responded to and working to ensure they have an impact on how services are run.
- Influencing the way services are set up and commissioned.
Healthwatch has legal powers to look into specific areas of concern and, as a result, to make recommendations on how services can be improved. Where appropriate they will be able to alert healthcare providers and regulators to concerns that have been raised about specific services, health or care matters.