Help for carers in Somerset
Help for carers
There are many services that provide help for carers in Somerset. As well as voluntary services in your local community, carers can have a carers assessment, which may lead to support from Somerset Council or respite care.
Somerset County Council and jointly fund a carers’ support service. This is a universal service for unpaid carers and former carers in Somerset.
The service provides:
- emotional support for carers
- helpful information for carers
- help to access Somerset carer support groups
- information on other agencies and organisations that support carers
- advice on how to get help from Somerset social care
People who contact the service can receive the support they need, when they need it, from a single point of contact.
Until 30 September 2017:
From 1 October 2017:
Community Council for Somerset