Organising your own home care
If you are thinking about arranging your own home care, it is a good idea to ask any agencies you approach the following questions:
- Are there different rates for weekends/evenings?
- Are there any extra charges, i.e. for the carer’s travelling expenses?
- What sort of services do you provide?
- Will somebody visit me before the service starts?
- If you provide me with a service, can I contact you out of office hours? If so, how?
- Are your carers trained?
- Do your carers have references?
- Have your carer’s been subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check?
- Are you registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)?