If people start to find it difficult to be as independent as they used to be, they and their families/friends need to know about the community care and support services that are locally available and where they can go for advice and help. This Directory is an important source of this information for older people living in the Stoke-on-Trent area.
There are many local organisations providing care and support services (eg the council, voluntary organisations, private care agencies, health services), and the information in this Directory will help you to begin to understand the different options available or advise where you can get more details.
Many of the local organisations listed at the back of this Directory will also be able to help and to tell you about local services.
If you, your family or friends can use the internet, then you can use the Staffordshire Cares website to find information and guidance. The website content covers the whole of Staffordshire but tailors the information to the reader’s location and there are different sections
providing different types of guidance:
• General information about help that is available and how to find it (main pages)
• Help to identify and choose the sort of help that you need (Me, Myself & I pages)
• Lists of local services (Purple Pages)
• Help to identify and choose equipment and services (My Choices pages)
• Information about local care assistants (CareMatch pages)
• Easy Read information about local services
• British Sign Language information for people with hearing difficulties (BSL pages)
Visit www.staffordshirecares.info for more details.
We hope that you find the Directory and Staffordshire Cares website helpful, however if you can’t find the information that you need then telephone 0800 561 0015 (Stoke-on-Trent Adult Social Care Contact Centre).
Alternatively, you can call this Directory’s free independent helpline on 0800 389 2077 for impartial advice on your care options or visit www.carechoices.co.uk where you can
search for care solutions locally and nationally.