Support for carers in North Yorkshire
Carers’ Centres in North Yorkshire
Carers’ Centres and Carers’ Resources are organisations whose purpose is to give practical and emotional support to carers locally.
Some of the services offered include:
- Confidential information, advice, emotional support and representation.
- A carer’s assessment on behalf of North Yorkshire County Council.
- Benefits advice.
- Regular information by way of circulars, bulletins or newsletters.
- Referrals to other specialist support organisations.
- Information sessions, courses and other related activities.
- Advice on employment.
- Young carers’ services for young people who care for a relative, offering one-to-one support, clubs and new opportunities (provided by Action for Children in Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale).
The Carers’ Centres and Carers’ Resources work in partnership with carers, carer groups and other organisations to improve services for carers and promote their needs.
There are five Carers’ Centres and Carers’ Resources in North Yorkshire:
Craven and Airedale Carers’ Resource
Skipton BD23 3AN
Harrogate Carers Resource
11 North Park Road,
Hambleton and Richmondshire Carers Resource Centre
32 High Street,
Scarborough and Ryedale Carers Resource Centre
96 High Street,
North Yorkshire YO13 9AJ
Selby Carers Centre
Selby, North Yorkshire Y08 4QQ
If you would like to arrange a carer’s assessment, you can do so online at: www.northyorks.gov.uk (search for carer’s assessment). You can also make contact with the Carers’ Resource Centres above, or alternatively, you can email us at: email@example.com or call: 01609 780780.