Displaying 51-75 of 125

NHS Direct

Telephone: 111
Website: www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/Emergencyandurgentcareservices/Pages/NHS-111.aspx

For immediate medical advice and for help finding your local Patient Advice and Liaison Service.


Occupational Benevolent Funds Alliance

Telephone: 01707 651777
Website: www.aco.uk.net

This is a network of charities that provide a range of support services for people with connections to particular industries, trades and professions.


Parkinson’s Disease Society

Telephone: 0808 800 0303
Website: www.parkinsons.org.uk/

Provides support, advice and information to people with Parkinson’s, their carers, families and friends.


Pension Service, The

Website: www.gov.uk/dhp

The Government set this up to improve the service older people receive with a network of pension centres supported by a local service.



Telephone: 0303 123 9999
Website: www.rnib.org.uk/

Offers information, support and advice to over two million people with sight problems.


Action on Hearing Loss (formerly RNID)

Telephone: 0808 808 0123
Website: www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk

Offers free confidential and impartial information on employment, equipment, legislation, benefits and issues relating to deafness and hearing loss.


Real:Life Services

Telephone: 01249 822 226

We are an experienced and approachable Claims Management Company, measuring our success not just on how much we win back for clients, but on how happy our customers feel about our service. Our ethos is one that always puts the customer at the heart of the business.


Registered Nursing Home Association, The

Telephone: 0121 451 1088
Website: www.rnha.co.uk/

Campaigns strongly for high standards in nursing home care.


Relatives and Residents’ Association, The

Telephone: 0207 359 8136
Website: www.relres.org/

Offers support and information to families, friends and relatives about issues affecting care homes.


Royal United Beneficent Kingdom Association (RUKBA)

Telephone: 0800 319 6789
Website: www.rukba.org.uk/

Helps older people on very low incomes to live independently in their own homes and when this is no longer possible, they can help with care home fees.


Saga Care Funding Advice Service

Telephone: 0800 161 5186
Website: www.saga.co.uk/ltc

Helping you to make sense of paying for care.



Telephone: 0808 800 3333
Website: www.scope.org.uk/

Aims to achieve society in which disabled people are valued and have the same human and civil rights as everyone else.


Scottish Commission for the Regulation of Care

Telephone: 01382 207100
Website: www.carecommission.com/

Responsible for registering and inspecting care services in Scotland.


Solicitors for the Elderly

Telephone: 01992 471568
Website: www.solicitorsfortheelderly.com/

A national association of solicitors, barristers and legal executives providing and promoting range of legal services for older people.


Stroke Association, The

Telephone: 0845 30 33 100
Website: www.stroke.org.uk/

Funds research into prevention, treatment a better method of rehabilitation and helps stroke patients and their families directly through its community services.


United Kingdom Home Care Association

Telephone: 020 8288 5291
Website: www.ukhca.co.uk/

Promotes the high standards of homecare and takes an active role in liaison with local and central government.


Age UK Calderdale and Kirklees

Telephone: 4401422252040
Website: www.ageuk.org.uk/calderdaleandkirklees/

Offer day services at various venues. Services also include hairdressing, shopping and cleaning service, minibuses, and memory support.


Mears Home Improvements Limited

Telephone: 4401484845492
Website: www.mearsgroup.co.uk

Handyperson Service to all age groups, which is free for those over 60 who receive either Council Tax Benefit or Pension Credit. Open Monday to Thursday from 8.45am to 5.15pm. Friday 8.45am to 4.45pm.    


Batley Resource Centre

Telephone: 4401924326331
Website: www.batleyresourcecentre.co.uk

Offer many activities including volunteering opportunities, making new friends and various activities and outgoings. Open Monday to Friday from 8.30am – 5pm or weekend or evenings by arrangement.


The Denby Dale centre

Telephone: 4401484860077

Set up to provide services for people affected by physical or sensory impairment, social isolation exacerbated by rural isolation, poor access to services and caring responsibilities. The centre operates throughout Denby Dale and Kirkburton.


Dewsbury and District Pensioners Association

Telephone: 4401924439199

A pensioners’ forum that fights for pensioners rights on topics including; pensions, housing, transport, public services, health and social care, life long learning, national insurance fund and any other issues affecting older people. Meetings are held on the 3rd Monday of every month and the 3rd Tuesday of every month.


Emergency dental service

Telephone: 4408451220221

Every dentist has to make arrangements to provide urgent or emergency out-of-hours treatment. Ring your dentist’s telephone number and you will hear a recorded message telling you how to get urgent treatment. If you are not registered with a dental practice.


Emergency numbers

999 for ambulance, fire brigade and police. 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. 101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police when it’s less urgent that a 999


Emergency out-of-hours doctors service

Ring your doctor’s surgery and follow the instructions on their recorded message.


Emergency out of hours duty service

Telephone: 4401484414933

Kirklees Council Well-being and Integration.

Displaying 51-75 of 125