Young carers in Somerset
Somerset has young carers co-ordinators who:
- assess the needs of young carers
- support young people (18 years old and under) who have caring responsibilities
- promote recognition and awareness of the young carer’s needs and achievements
- work alongside other agencies to develop schemes and services that support young carers
They provide information, advice and support, including:
- answering questions and giving advice
- speaking up for young carers so that ideas and needs are heard
- introducing young carers to one another
- organising groups and activities to have fun and a break away from home
You can find out more about the young carers co-ordinators by phoning: 0300 123 2224.
Did you know carers are entitled to an assessment by social care? Find more about Carers’ assessments in Somerset.