Adapting your home in Shropshire

Adapting your home

If you are a tenant and rent your home, it is always advised to initially contact your landlord for advice when considering adaptations in your home.

To find out if you are eligible for support, ring Shropshire Council’s First Point of Contact on 0345 678 9044 and ask for an occupational therapy assessment.

The occupational therapy assessment will identify your needs and what may help you to maintain your independence within your home. This may include adaptations and equipment.

If you do not meet the eligibility criteria, there are other options to consider, such as home improvement agencies.

Home improvement agencies

To contact the Mears Home Improvement Service, call 01743 344632, email or visit