Care in your own home

If you feel that the above information does not help you to manage your situation, and you would prefer someone to help you in the home, this Directory contains a list of agencies that provide domiciliary (home) care.

These organisations can arrange for someone to talk to you about the type of help that you want. If you decide to use one of these organisations you will need to pay them for their service.

Alternatively, you may want to contact Age UK Bromley on 020 8315 1878 which provides a single point of entry to joined-up, quality preventative services, activities and support that promote opportunities, independence and choice to older people. These include general information, advice and advocacy, as well as shopping services, hospital aftercare and will assist you in finding reputable tradesmen and care workers.

For people who are unable to organise their own support due to infirmity, lack of capacity, having no one to support them or who have low income, it may be more appropriate for them to contact Bromley Social Services Direct on 020 8461 7777 and they will talk to you to determine whether an assessment is needed to see if you are entitled to help or support from the Council.