Help at Home
Support is available to you to help at home with day-to-day personal care and domestic activities so that you can continue to live as independently as possible in your own home.
Help at home services and support might include:
- Adaptations to your home – changes can be made to your home to help you do things more easily and safely. Small items such as grab rails can be provided free of charge
- Help at home with domestic tasks such as housework, cooking, shopping and gardening
- Elderly care services such as delivery of meals to your home
- Small maintenance jobs and independent living services such as changing light bulbs, replacing a tap washer, doing small repairs, making your home safe and secure, and keeping equipment in working order
- Company and social activities. Choosing the right home help can in itself provide company as well as help at home
- Transport to and from shops, doctor, hospital and so on
- Installing security equipment such as an emergency alarm, entry phone or key box. Specialist equipment or alarms may give you the confidence you need to keep your independence. There are also medication reminders and pill dispensers which can help if you’re at risk of forgetting to take medicines. Also known as ‘telecare’.
Help to Live at Home Guide
In Gloucestershire, we have produced our first Help to Live at Home Guide, which has been produced to help you find out about what services are available in the area, which could help you to live happily and safely at home for as long as possible. To view a copy of our Gloucestershire Help to Live at Home Guide, please click here.