Whether you are a new carer or have been caring for someone for a while, we believe that it’s important that you understand your rights.
In celebration of #CarersRightsDay, Cecily Donoghue (Employment and HR solicitor) and Heledd Wyn (Head of Long Term & Elderly Care) will be hosting an afternoon tea event to bring together organisations and individuals across Bristol and the South West, to help carers understand their rights and get help and support.
The event takes place this Carers Rights Day, the 21st November 2019 at Gregg Latchams Solicitors Bristol Office. It is aimed at Senior Managers and business owners juggling the pressures of caring and their professional role (informal carers); as well as companies or HR managers supporting employees who are balancing care needs at home.
Cecily Donoghue will lead a session on “Your Rights at Work”, including:
- The statutory rights available to employees to help them balance work v life v caring responsibilities.
- Contractual rights.
- Parental leave.
- Protection from discrimination.
- What to do in an emergency.
- Flexible working.
- Practical tips on how to have a discussion with your employer/employees.
- Future change and preparing for the future.
Heledd Wyn will tackle the thorny issues of:
- How much care and support are individuals expected to provide?
- Are there any benefits available to those who are carers?
- Will there be any help towards paying for care fees?
- What are the rights available to spouses and partners? What are their obligations?
Both sessions will have time for Q&A, discussing practical hints and tips and live case studies. This event will also provide an opportunity for discussion with those within the community and an opportunity to ask questions from our specialists on how to navigate the maze of services and support available.
Book today and join us in a confidential, relaxed but informative session at our central Bristol office. Delicious tea and cake will also be available.
Book your place on this free carers rights event here