Coming out of hospital in Bromley

More information about support for coming out of hospital can be found at http://bromley.mylifeportal/homefromhospital

Age UK Bromley and Greenwich

Most services only last for a few weeks and may also be provided by a range of organisations who will provide short-term support (but not personal care) and practical help for people aged 60 and over, who live alone, are Bromley residents and are being discharged from hospital.

For a lot of people, returning home after a stay in hospital, particularly if you live alone, can be a daunting prospect. Age UK accepts referrals from health and social care professionals, friends and relatives, and from the older person directly.

Age UK Bromley and Greenwich also operates a ‘Take Home and Settle’ from Accident and Emergency service, but referrals for this service are only taken from hospital staff.

For further information, contact the Hospital Aftercare Team. Call 0208 315 1850 or email

Bromley Healthcare

Bromley Healthcare’s services for older people aim to keep you safe, healthy and out of hospital. Some services are available to everyone, whilst others are targeted at those with a particular need.

For further information about the Bromley Healthcare services, please call 01689 866544 or visit

Carers Bromley

Carers Bromley can provide a hospital link worker who is able to support carers while the person they care for is being treated in Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) and/or is going through the hospital discharge process.

Link workers can help with:

  • assisting with the completing of a carer’s assessment to ensure that their needs are being addressed within the discharge process;
  • liaising with the hospital ward and the hospital-based care manager to ensure that all practical support is in place; and
  • providing information and advice to help carers in their role and signposting them to other organisations and groups that may be of benefit.

For further information, please contact Carers Bromley on freephone 0800 015 7700 or visit

The reablement service

For more information, visit Alternatively, call Bromley Council on 0208 461 7777 or email