Commissioning Services

Care support services can be commissioned in part or whole by the council, if you meet the eligibility criteria for ‘substantial’ or ‘critical’ needs. The council’s contracts team works with home care and care home providers who have a contract with the council to make sure services are flexible and responsive to a person’s situation.

Alternatively you can make private arrangements with service providers. Private fees for these services vary. A provider will give you a detailed cost breakdown of charges before you start to receive any services. Please make sure you check this out before making a decision.