Complaints about care services in Swansea

If you have complaints about care services in Swansea, the information here can help.

You should not be made to feel awkward about making a complaint about your care service.

If you have a complaint about a care home, care home with nursing or any other social care service, the first thing you should do is tell the home or service. This applies whether you pay for your care or your local council funds it.

By law, every care home and social care service must have an efficient procedure for dealing with complaints. Ask for a copy of the service’s complaints procedure so that you understand what you must do and how they will deal with your complaint.

If your care is provided or funded by your local Social Services department, you can take your complaint to them if you are not happy with the response from the care service. Otherwise, you can contact the CSSIW. You will need to follow its complaints procedure – your social worker, care manager or specialist complaints staff will explain what to do.

Social Services Complaints and Comments

Bridgend: 01656 642253
Neath Port Talbot: 01639 763445 / 763661
Swansea: 01792 637345