Compliments, comments and complaints

Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and Northumberland County Council are committed to listening to the people who use our adult social care services, their carers and families. Please tell us when we get things right so that we can keep doing it. If things have gone wrong please tell us so that we can put things right. We can also learn lessons from your experience and we always take complaints very seriously

If you need help to make a complaint you can ask someone else to do this for you such a family member, neighbour or friend.
You can:

  • Speak directly to the people providing your service. This is often the best way to resolve any problems
  • Contact the Adult Social Care complaints team to compliment, comment or complain about our services or staff.

Tel: 01670 628 888

Or write to
Adult Services and Housing Group
Comments, compliments, and complaints
County Hall, Morpeth, Northumberland NE61 2EF
Visit our website:

Complaints about care homes and social care services
If you have a complaint about a care home, care home with nursing or any other social care service, the first thing you should do is tell the home or service. This applies whether you pay for your care or your local council funds it.

By law, every care home and social care service must have an efficient procedure for dealing with complaints. Ask for a copy of the service’s complaints procedure so that you understand what you must do and how they will deal with your complaint.

The care service should try to sort out your complaint themselves and put things right to prevent the same thing happening again.

If you are not happy with your response from the care service or you do not want to complain to them directly, you can contact the Adult Social Care complaints team.

If you are not satisfied with the final reply to your complaint you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman:
The Local Government Ombudsman,
PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH
Tel: 0300 061 0614 or 0845 602 1983