Disability and mental health services in Cambridgeshire

Supporting people across Cambridgeshire with disabilities and mental health issues.

Disability and mental health services in Cambridgeshire are designed to help people who are living with dementia, a mental health condition or a disability to lead independent lives.

Worries about mental health and dementia

Cambridgeshire’s mental health service provider is Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust which provides an integrated health and social care service. Your needs will be assessed and a support plan made to meet them. This will include support to live your life in the community, such as personal care and one-to-one support, access to work and community services.

Tel: 01223 726789
Web: www.cpft.nhs.uk

For more information, visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/careandsupport and see ‘Mental wellbeing’.

Dementia care

If you are worried about dementia, talk to your GP for health care solutions. For other services, see www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/dementia or phone Customer Services on 0345 045 5202.

Support in the community - Useful websites and contacts

Alzheimer’s Society
Provides information and a range of support services for people with any form of dementia and their carers.

Tel: 0300 222 1122
Web: www.alzheimers.org.uk

Cambridge, Ely, Huntingdon and Fenland
Tel: 01954 250322
Email: cambridgeandelyoffice@alzheimers.org.uk

Tel: 01733 893853
Email: peterborough@alzheimers.org.uk

A charity involved in supporting people with mental health conditions, campaigning and initiating research about mental health.

Tel: 0300 304 7000
Email: info@sane.org.uk
Web: www.sane.org.uk

The SUN Network
Supports involvement of people who use mental health, drug and alcohol services in the planning, design and evaluation of those services within Cambridgeshire.

Tel: 01480 276057
Email: enquiries@sunnetwork.org.uk
Web: www.sunnetwork.org.uk

First Response Service (FRS)
Supports people in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough who are experiencing a mental health crisis. Available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.

Tel: 111 (select option 2)

Specialist services – sensory impairment, physical and learning disability, and Autism

Services for people with a sensory impairment.

For more information, visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/careandsupport and see ‘Deaf, hearing loss and vision’, or call 0345 045 5202.

Cambridgeshire Deaf Association
Tel: 01223 246237
Email: office@cambsdeaf.org
Web: www.cambsdeaf.org

Cambridgeshire Hearing Help
Tel/Textphone: 01223 416141
Email: enquiries@cambridgeshirehearinghelp.org.uk
Web: www.cambridgeshirehearinghelp.org.uk

Tel: 01223 420033
Email: info@camsight.org.uk
Web: www.camsight.org.uk

Deafblind UK
Tel/Textphone: 01733 358100
Email: info@deafblind.org.uk
Web: www.deafblind.org.uk

Isle of Ely Society for the Blind
Tel: 01354 656726
Email: ioesb@live.co.uk
Web: www.isleofelysociety.co.uk

Huntingdonshire Society for the Blind
Tel: 01480 453438
Email: info@huntsblind.co.uk
Web: www.huntsblind.co.uk

Physical disability

For more information, visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/careandsupport and see ‘Disability: Disability services – Physical Disability Team’, or call 0345 045 5202.

Learning Disability Partnership (LDP)

The LDP helps people aged over 18 who have a learning disability. The team includes specialist social care and community health professionals. They will:

  • assess and, where appropriate, treat the needs of individuals;
  • provide information about the support, facilities and opportunities people can access in the community; and
  • give information to enable people to make the right choices for themselves to help achieve their goals.
For more information, visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/careandsupport and see ‘Disability: Learning Disability Partnership’, or call 0345 045 5202.

Autism and Adult Support Service

This service is for people who don’t have a primary disability (learning disability, physical disability, sensory loss or mental health need). Support is provided to people:

  • with autism spectrum disorder (ASD);
  • meeting eligibility criteria and considered vulnerable in their communities but without a diagnosis – meaning their needs cannot be met by other services; and
  • young people with ASD, physical disability, and others who may be vulnerable, including those who do not need support before the age of 18 but are likely to need support as an adult.
For more information, visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/careandsupport and see ‘Disability: Autism and adult support’, or call 0345 045 5202.

Cambridgeshire Alliance for Independent Living (CAIL)

CAIL is a charity working with people with disabilities or long-term health conditions, carers and older people. CAIL uses the experiences of these people to bring about positive change. This could be improving services by helping commissioners to understand what is important to people using services; or raising awareness and understanding of people with disabilities.

CAIL runs numerous projects, all of which rely on the involvement of those it seeks to represent. To find out more about current projects and get involved, call 0300 111 2301, email admin@cambridgeshirealliance.org.uk

Disability Cambridgeshire
An advice and information service for disabled people and/or older people and their carers.

Tel: 01480 839192
Email: info@disability-cambridgeshire.org.uk
Web: www.disabilitycambridgeshire.org.uk

Papworth Trust
Working with disabled people, their families and carers.

Tel: 0800 952 5000
Email: info@papworthtrust.org.uk
Web: www.papworthtrust.org.uk