The council and its partners help people to deal with everyday living more safely and independently. Occupational therapists and other specially trained staff can give you advice, assess your needs and those of your carer, if applicable. Depending on your individual
circumstances, the council can loan or recommend equipment that will help you to:

  • Use the lavatory, wash or bath.
  • Manage eating or drinking.
  • Do household chores like cooking or tidying up.
  • Get around the house or garden.

The Kirklees Integrated Community Equipment Service provides health and social care equipment for loan to people referred by a health or social care professional.

Please contact Gateway to care on 01484 414933.