Essential information

Directory helpline

This Directory’s free helpline run by Care Choices, provides independent information and help about care services and accommodation. A personalised list can be generated for you, providing details of all the care homes or housing with care schemes that meets your specific criteria. Please telephone 0800 389 2077 with your requirements or visit Please note that this is an independent adviser not Stoke-on-Trent City Council.

Why your views are important

The social care service is here to support the people of Stoke-on-Trent, and listening to complaints, comments and compliments is one way of trying to make sure that quality services that meet local needs are being provided.

The council will listen and consider how things can be improved and making a comment or complaint will not disadvantage you in any way or place the services that you receive at risk.

Who can make a complaint?
You have a right to complain if you, a family member or someone close to you receives a social care service; has been refused a service; or has been affected by a plan or decision.

How can you tell the council what you think?
We aim to solve any problems as quickly as possible. To help us do this it is best for you to contact the staff you have been dealing with or their manager.

You can also contact the
Complaints and Representations Officer at:
Civic Centre, Glebe Street,
Stoke-on-Trent ST4 1WB
Tel: 01782 235921 or 01782 234259
Fax: 01782 232217
Minicom: 01782 236133

Healthwatch Stoke-on-Trent

Healthwatch Stoke-on-Trent is the new consumer champion for health and social care in Stoke-on-Trent and gives people a powerful voice – making sure their views and experiences are heard by those who run, plan and regulate health and social care services. Tel: 01782 683080 Email: