Essential information in Surrey

Safeguarding adults at risk

What to do if you suspect abuse

If you suspect abuse either in the community or in a care home or care home with nursing:

In an emergency, dial 999. Otherwise, contact the Surrey County Council Adult Social Care helpline (8.00 am to 6.00 pm)

Tel: 0300 200 1005
Text: 07527 182861
Emergency Duty Team (out of hours service): 01483 517898

Please note that for all safeguarding issues from , you will need to contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub. The telephone number will be communicated at a later date.

If you have concerns about the standards or application of regulations in a care home, you should contact:

The Care Quality Commission,
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4PA

Tel: 03000 616161

Comments, compliments or complaints

If Surrey County Council has arranged, funded or contributed to the funding of your care, you can also contact the Adult Social Care Directorate.

Adult Social Care Customer Relations Team
Surrey County Council,
Millmead House,
Surrey GU2 4BB

Tel: 01483 518300

You can also complete an online feedback form at

You can request a form from the Adult Social Care helpline by phoning 0300 200 1005 and then post it to the team that provides you with a service.