Frequently asked questions and useful information
Care Choices is a specialist provider of information about care and support for older people and the specialist care of adults with additional needs (aged 18-64).
No, we are not a care provider, nor are we associated with any care providers on our website. Our data is provided by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), for information purposes only.
To contact your local Adult Social Care team or to claim a copy of the Care Services directory for your area, click here.
Adult Social Care supports adults of working age and older people who have a disability, mental health condition, sensory loss or general frailty.
They can usually provide support or advice in the following areas:
- Assessment of needs and care planning, co-ordination and review.
- Advice about care, health, housing and money.
- Emotional and practical support.
- Protection of vulnerable adults or safeguarding.
- Residential care.
- Personal care at home.
- Community meals.
- Day services and opportunities.
- Equipment and adaptations to the home.
- Support for carers and respite care.
- Direct Payments.
- Financial assessments and benefits advice.
The FirstStop Advice Service is an independent, impartial and free service offering advice and information to older people, their families and carers about housing and care options for later life. If you would like to get in touch with one of their trained advisers to discuss any matters relating to housing, care or related finance, then please call them directly on: 0800 377 7070 or visit: www.firststopcareadvice.org.uk for more information.