Getting out and staying active
You can find more information about local organisations, groups and agencies that provide day activities and services by:
- looking on our online Warwickshire directory
- looking in the Yellow Pages – particularly under charitable, voluntary and social services and welfare organisations;
- asking at your local library or community centre.
Use your local leisure centre
To find your local leisure centre, please see your local district or borough council’s website.
North Warwickshire Borough Council
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council
Rugby Borough Council
Stratford-upon-Avon District Council
Warwick District Council
There are a number of country parks in Warwickshire providing activities for all the family.
Alongside the activities, there is plenty to do, such as walking, cycling on flat off-road paths, playing football, feeding the ducks, jogging around a way-marked route or just relaxing out by the lakes.
To find your nearest country park, please go to www.warwickshire.gov.uk/countryparks or call 01827 872660
The Warwickshire Library Service provides a wide range of books and materials for all age groups.
- provides magazines and newspapers, DVDs, videos, CDs, talking books, local studies material, maps and plays in larger libraries;
- provides material suitable for adults, children and young people in a variety of formats, which reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the community;
- adds at least 90,000 new books and other items to library stock every year;
- promotes reading and literacy for babies, children and adults through reading groups and a range of activities and events;
- presents displays, exhibitions and events promoting literature, reading, local studies, music and other topics;
- participates in national campaigns such as a Black History Month, Adult Learners’ Week, Family Learning Week and the Summer Reading Challenge;
- has a wide range of material about Warwickshire and surrounding areas; and
- provides a wide range of learning opportunities for all ages.
To find your nearest library visit www.warwickshire.gov.uk/findalibrary or call 0300 555 8171.
Travel in Warwickshire
Please visit our website www.warwickshire.gov.uk/publictransport or contact us on 01926 412929 for information on:
- bus timetables;
- rail services;
- coach services;
- cycling and rail travel;
- flexibus services; and
- park and ride services.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org