‘Intermediate care’
This is a short-term service provided by the NHS that can help you get better as quickly as possible after an accident, illness or operation. The service is similar to Adult Social Care’s Reablement service, but is for people who still have medical needs.

‘NHS Continuing Healthcare’
If you have extensive healthcare needs you may be eligible for ‘NHS Continuing Healthcare’. This is a package of care which is arranged and funded by the NHS.

Health visitors and district nurses can also visit you in your home and provide support and advice about any health problems. Speak to your GP or local health centre to find out more.

Medical equipment
In some cases, medical equipment can be provided in your own home. Examples include monitoring equipment for people with diabetes mellitus, or equipment for home oxygen therapy for people with some lung conditions.

Local support schemes
Neighbourhood Network Schemes are local voluntary organisations that can provide a range of services, activities, information and social contact for older people.

To find out details speak to your care manager or if you have access to the web please see:

There is also more information on these and other voluntary services in Leeds see the Voluntary Action Leeds website at: