There are many care and support services available in East Sussex and Brighton & Hove, and there is plenty of help to find out what is the most appropriate for you. If you are finding it hard to live independently, you, and your family, need to know where you can go for help and advice about what is available locally. This Directory is an important source of that information.
The first step is to contact your local Adult Social Care department. In East Sussex, this is part of East Sussex County Council and you can contact them through their customer contact centre, Health & Social Care Connect. If you live in Brighton & Hove, contact the Adult Social Care Access Point. The two Adult Social Care departments have helped to produce some of the information in this Directory.
East Sussex Health & Social Care Connect
East Sussex Adult Social Care produces a range of leaflets and factsheets. You can find them all on the website www.eastsussex.gov.uk, or ask Health & Social Care Connect for copies.
- IL01 A guide to Adult Social Care
- IL02 What you will need to pay towards the cost of your care and support
- IL03 Your feedback is important to us
- IL04 Do you look after someone?
- IL05 Getting Support from Adult Social Care
- Who qualifies for our support?
- Independent advocacy – Someone to speak up for you
- Your information and how we use it – Our guarantee about your social care record
- Housing support: the Supporting People Programme
- How we work out your personal budget
- Financial assessments for care and support other than in a care home
- Financial assessments for residential care
- Direct Payments in East Sussex
- Types of Direct Payment account
- Getting information and advice about your finances (when paying for care and support)
- Financial hardship assessment
- Attendance allowance (AA) and Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Paying for services with direct payments
Tel: 0345 60 80 191
(Calls are charged at your phone company’s local rate and may be recorded.)
Textphone: 01323 466630 Fax: 01323 466567
You can also make contact by text message from your mobile Tel: 07797 878111
8.00am to 8.00pm, 7 days a week including Bank Holidays
Write to: St Mary’s House, 52 St Leonards Road, Eastbourne BN21 3UU
Brighton & Hove Adult Social Care Access Point
If you live in the Brighton & Hove area, contact the Adult Social Care Access Point team, based at Bartholomew House, Bartholomew Square or visit the website www.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
For information about local NHS and social care services, you may find the following downloadable leaflets useful:
- Quick Guide to Adult Social Care Services
- Quick Guide for Carer
- What you need to know about your health records
- Charges for Residential & Nursing Home Care 2014-2015
- Charges for Residential & Nursing Home Care for Homeowners 2014-2015
- How to make a comment, complaint or compliment
Tel: 01273 295555 Minicom: 01273 296388
Write to: Access Point, 3rd Floor Bartholomew House, Bartholomew Square BN1 1JP