Living at home

If your home doesn’t meet your needs, call Oxfordshire County Council’s Social and Health Care team on 0845 050 7666 or visit to find out what support you are entitled to.

Equipment, aids and gadgets

How can I find out more and get an assessment of my needs?
Oxfordshire County Council can tell you about the full range of Assistive Technology and simple gadget options available to you, simply visit – you will also be able to fill out an online form at this address to request an assessment.

If you are unable to go on the internet, call the Council’s Social and Health Care team on 0845 050 7666 and let them know that you’re interested in Assistive Technology.

Occupational therapy

Oxfordshire County Council’s Social and Health Care team takes referrals for occupational therapy, which can help identify whether you would benefit from any pieces of equipment, from simple solutions such as a walking aid or a second stair rail, to major adaptations such as walk-in showers.

If you would like to find out more, or would like to make a referral for yourself or someone you know, please visit Oxfordshire County Council’s website, or call 0845 050 7666.

Improving your home

Cherwell District Council
Tel: 01295 227001

Oxford City Home Improvement Agency
Tel: 01865 252887

South Oxfordshire
Tel: 01491 823203

Vale of White Horse
Tel: 01235 520202

West Oxfordshire
Tel: 01993 861000

Falls prevention

The Oxfordshire Falls Prevention Service helps people to avoid falls and regain confidence following a fall. Specialist nurses offer a detailed assessment and make recommendations about medication, physiotherapy and home adaptations.

Contact the Falls Information Line on 01865 903400 or email

Delivered meals

Frozen meals can be delivered to your home and you can also hire small freezers and microwaves from Wiltshire Farm Foods.

Call the freephone 24-hour customer helpline on 0800 077 3100 or visit to find out more.