Mental health

If you are experiencing mental health difficulties it is important that you seek help from your GP in the first instance.

He or she will decide whether you need to see a specialist nurse based within the GP practice. These are known as primary care mental health services. There are a range of psychological therapies available within primary care.

If your GP feels you need a more specialist psychiatric assessment, he or she can refer you to the Community Mental Health Team which covers the area you live in. These are known as secondary mental health services.

In Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, secondary mental health services are provided by Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust. Over 8,800 dedicated staff provide services in a variety of settings, ranging from the community through to acute wards, as well as secure settings.

Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
Duncan Macmillan House, Porchester Road,
Nottingham NG3 6AA  Tel: 0115 969 1300