Mental health support in Swansea

Your first point of contact for support with mental health is usually your GP. They will identify whether you need an assessment from a mental health professional. This will either be from the Local Primary Mental Health Support Service or from the Community Mental Health Team (CMHT). If your needs are assessed as being complex and enduring in nature, a care coordinator from the CMHT, who may be a social worker, nurse, occupational therapist or psychologist, will work with you to identify what outcomes you would like to achieve to move towards recovery and prepare a care and treatment plan to help you.

A number of third sector organisations can also provide mental health support. See for more information.