Paying for domiciliary (home) care

If following an assessment of need, the Council offers you assistance to enable you to remain in your own home, by providing home care services, you will be financially assessed to decide whether your circumstances require that you contribute to the cost of the services.

If you have capital or savings of more that £23,250, you will have to pay for any care services that you require. If you have assets of less than £14,250, your contribution will be assessed only on your income and the local authority will meet the shortfall, subject to local funding limits. Between these two figures, a sliding scale operates, whereby you pay £1 per week for each £250 you have above the lower figure.

PayingForCare offers free impartial advice to help you to make informed choices when faced with having to pay for care. Web: