Personal assistants in Bromley

If you have a Direct Payment and choose to arrange your own care, you may decide to employ a personal assistant.

The Council has commissioned Vibrance to build a register of people interested in this work in order to help people with recruitment.

What could a personal assistant do for me?

Personal assistants can carry out a varied range of tasks, such as:

  • personal care;
  • helping to get dressed;
  • cooking;
  • taking you out and about;
  • assisting with medical appointments;
  • and cleaning and housework.

Personal assistants do not take control, they help you to be independent and to remain in control of your everyday life.

A personal assistant does not need to have experience of social care; Vibrance provides training if necessary to help them understand the roles and responsibilities.

Service users report that the best personal assistant is someone who listens and uses common sense, as well as respecting and working in the way that the service user chooses to live.

Vibrance will undertake referencing, check with the Disclosure and Barring Service, check eligibility to work, job descriptions and salaries. Suitable days and times are discussed with the person needing the support.

If you think that having a personal assistant would make your life better and help you to get the support you need, you can find more details about Vibrance on the Bromley MyLife website at or by visiting their website