If you’re eligible for social care support you can now receive a ‘personal budget’. This is money from the Council that you can use to choose and manage your own support, mixing and matching services from the Council or other providers.
Not everyone wants to manage the money themselves, so there are various ways you can receive and manage your personal budget – it’s your choice:
- as a payment directly into a bank account
- as a payment to a suitable person on your behalf – eg a close relative
- as a payment to a Trust – eg a group of family members
- via an Individual Service Fund – this is where a provider organisation looks after your budget on your behalf
- managed by the Council (this is limited to the services provided directly or commissioned by the Council)
- as a mixed budget – a combination of the above
You can speak to other people in Leeds who already use personal budgets and direct payments. Contact ‘Free to Live’, the personal budget peer support network, on 0113 214 3599, email: email@example.com or visit: www.freetoliveleeds.org
For further details, speak to your care manager, or ring Adult Social Care Customer Services on 0113 222 4401, textphone 0113 222 4410.
Visit: www.leeds.gov.uk and search for ‘personal budgets’ for more information.