Personal Budgets (your support)

If you are eligible for social care assistance a social worker will complete an assessment to help you and the council understand what kind of support you need. The assessment will also help to identify the cost of your support.

Once the assessment has been agreed a support plan will be written to set out how your needs are to be met. The plan needs to support you in a positive way so that your physical, mental and social wellbeing improves. This needs to be agreed before your support can be costed and chosen (your Personal Budget).

If you want to, you can take your Personal Budget as a cash payment (Direct Payment). You could even mix and match your support by taking part of your budget as a Direct Payment as well as using some of the Council’s traditional services.

Your social worker will be able to explain all the options and can help you to decide how best to use your Personal Budget.