Physical disability

Following an assessment of your needs, you may be eligible for help from Gloucestershire County Council, including short term reablement services, a personal budget and assistance with care/support planning to help you meet your needs, advice and guidance on how best to plan and undertake adaptations to your home, or how to access supported housing as well as advice and help for the person caring for you. Information about day care/support services is available which can assist and support people to take part in activities, meet with others and regain their confidence.

A short break away from home can provide a welcome change for yourself and anyone caring for you. There are a variety of types of accommodation for people who need to live away from home. Short breaks might also be available to support you in your own home (through a live-in carer).The support you require if you have a physical disability must be tailored to your specific needs and can be provided by the independent and not-for-profit sectors as well as by Gloucestershire County Council. Help at home with personal care is available during the day and night, seven days a week. There are also private providers offering help at home with personal care and housework. Care providers that specialise in care for people with physical disabilities are shown with PD in their listing.