Protecting vulnerable adults in Bromley

If you think you or someone you know is being abused

  • Call Bromley Council on 0208 461 7777, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm.
  • For adults with mental health needs (under 65 years), contact the Oxleas Liaison and Intake Team on 0208 466 2500.
  • For emergencies out of normal business hours, contact the Emergency Duty Social Team on 0300 303 8671.

Your concerns will be taken seriously and will receive prompt attention.

If the abuse is also a crime such as assault, racial or sexual harassment, rape or theft you should also involve the police to prevent someone else from being abused. If immediate action is needed, dial 999. Alternatively, call your local police by dialling 101.

If you suspect abuse in a residential care or nursing home, please call Bromley Council on 0208 461 7777.

If you have concerns about the standards of care or the application of the regulations covering a care home, you should contact the Care Quality Commission on 03000 616161 or email