Providing meals in Bromley
Help with shopping
- CarePlus Bromley is a local charity that provides a free volunteer support service to older people (65+) in the London Borough of Bromley. A team of volunteers provides help with everyday tasks like shopping;
- most supermarkets now offer online ordering and home delivery – check with individual supermarkets; and
- milk&more will deliver as early as the next morning, with no delivery charge.
More information about organisations that provide help with shopping can be found at http://bromley.mylifeportal.co.uk/helpwithshopping
Meals delivered to your door
If you have difficulty preparing meals, you may want to use a ‘meals at home’ service. The following are specialist providers of frozen ready meals or hot meals:
- Oakhouse foods can deliver to you on a weekly or one-off basis and offers groceries and frozen meals;
- Wiltshire farm foods can deliver frozen meals on a weekly or one-off basis;
- apetito is part of Wiltshire Farm Foods, but instead of frozen delivery, it delivers the meals hot, cooked en-route to your home; and
- Sussex Farmhouse Foods Ltd can deliver frozen meals on a weekly or one-off basis.
Alternatively most supermarkets now offer online ordering and home delivery, including a selection of frozen ready meals. Check with individual supermarkets.
More information about meals delivered to your door can be found at http://bromley.mylifeportal.co.uk/mealsdelivery