Major adaptations covered by Disabled Facilities Grants

If you require a major adaptation such as a stairlift, through floor lift, walk in shower, or wheelchair accessible extension you need to contact your local Council for an assessment (a local Council is one ‘who you pay your Council tax to’), for a provisional means test. Once completed they will refer you on for an assessment.

If you live in Northampton Borough
Housing Solutions
Northampton Borough Council, Guildhall,
St Giles Street, Northampton NN1 1DE
Tel: 0300 330 7000

For major adaptations covered by a Disabled Facilities Grant, to properties in Kettering Borough
Kettering Borough Council
Private Sector Housing, Municipal Offices,
Bowling Green Road, Kettering NN15 7QX
Tel: 01536 535617 / 01536 410333

Your local Home Improvement Agency:
If you live in Daventry or South Northants
Daventry Care and Repair Service
c/o Daventry District Council, Lodge Road,
Daventry NN11 4FP
Tel: 01327 302322

For East Northamptonshire and Wellingborough
Care and Repair
c/o Spire Homes, 1 Crown Court, Crown Way,
Rushden NN10 6BS
Tel: 01933 410084

For Handyperson Services and ‘signposting’:
Care and Repair (Northamptonshire) Ltd
25 Tenter Road
Moulton Park
Tel: 01604 782250

If you live in Corby Borough and are considering a Disabled Facilities Grant contact
Private Sector Housing
Environmental Services, Corby Borough Council,
Deene House, New Post Office Square,
Corby, Northamptonshire NN17 1GD
Tel: 01536 464175