Services for people with sensory impairments

We work in partnership with Warwickshire Vision Support to ensure that a number of services are available for people who have problems with their sight. These services include:

  • registering you as a person with a visual impairment, following referral from a health practitioner;
  • carrying out an assessment to find out what needs you may have for equipment, services and benefits;
  • providing rehabilitation services, as appropriate, which could include: mobility training, daily living skills, provision of low vision aids, and development of communication skills; and
  • providing information about activities and organisations that may be helpful to you

Warwickshire Vision Support

5 Charles Court, Budbrooke Road, Warwick CV34 5LZ
Tel: 01926 411331

Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)
The RNIB offers practical support and advice to anyone with a sight problem.

Helpline opening hours: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.30pm
Tel: 0303 123 9999

Deafblind is a national charity which provides a range of support services to deafblind adults and their carers’. It also campaigns on behalf of deafblind people.

Helplines: 0800 132 320 (voice/text)
Tel/Textphone: 01733 358100 (voice/text)

Sense works for people with deafblindness and associated disabilities. It offers a wide range of support and services across the UK to help sensory impaired people of all ages reach their full potential despite the many challenges facing them.

Tel/Textphone: 0300 330 9256 or 0207 520 0972 

Warwickshire County Council Countywide Physical Disability and Sensory Service
We offer a range of services from our Countywide Physical Disability and Sensory Service to help meet the needs of deaf and hard of hearing adults who have additional needs, as well as their families and carers. These include:

  • social workers being available to help and advise on a wide range of personal and practical problems;
  • registering people as deaf and hard of hearing;
  • carrying out reviews of deaf adults in residential care;
  • participating in specialist assessments for a wide range of settings such as residential care, P.A.C.E. (Police and Criminal Evidence) interviews, and transitional reviews;
  • providing information about deafness, sign-language and deaf clubs;
  • providing information about local regional and national resources for deaf people;
  • service development consultation – the service asks deaf people their views and what they want to improve and develop services accordingly;
  • liaison with other agencies; and
  • assessment, provision, installation and advice on equipment deaf people might need in their daily life, for example, flashing doorbells and text phones.

Where individuals are not eligible for a service funded by us, they will be offered advice and information about possible alternative sources of assistance.

Physical Disability and Sensory Services
King’s House, King Street, Bedworth CV12 8LL

Tel: 01926 410410
Minicom: 01926 413015