Services for carers
If someone relies on you for support on a regular basis, or is intending to rely on you, then you have the right to ask Adult Social Care Services for a free confidential assessment of your own needs as a carer. Depending on the outcome of your assessment, a range of services may be provided or arranged for the person you care for, with their consent, to help you in your caring role. Please call Nottingham Health and Care Point on 0300 300 33 33 for further information.
A national one-stop information and advice service for carers who look after ill, frail or disabled friends and relatives.
Carers Direct includes:
- Details of assessments, benefits, Direct Payments, personal budgets and time off;
- Help to maintain, leave or return to employment;
- Help in education or training;
- Advice on how carers maintain or improve their social and emotional well-being and their physical and mental health;
- Access to health and social care for the person being cared for; and
- How to access information about, and support from, health and social care services for the person being cared for.
For further information, visit: www.nhs.uk/carersdirect or call the 7 days a week helpline on freephone 0808 802 0202.
Carers’ Federation, Nottingham
The Federation is dedicated to supporting carers of all ages and the people they look after. It is a diverse organisation offering a wide range of services to individuals and the wider community.
Christopher Cargill House
21-23 Pelham Road
Nottingham NG5 1AP
Telephone: 01159 629 310