Short term care services in Kent
A short term bed is a service provided for a maximum of six weeks that aims to provide care in our communities, close to individuals’ homes and their carers.
By offering a range of residential and nursing beds:
- A carer can book a short break at least seven days in advance, to have some time to themselves away from their caring role thus offering the carer respite
- Individuals can receive intermediate care services from the health service, if appropriate to meet the needs of the individual
- Practitioners can make an assessment of those whose longer term future is uncertain to make sure of the best outcomes for that individual in the short and longer term – avoiding unnecessary permanent admissions
- Emergency/crisis support can be provided, such as when a carer has to go into hospital or to prevent breakdown of the caring role
- Families and social care can support the safeguarding of individuals and their carers.
For more information please visit: www.kent.gov.uk or call us on: 03000 416161.