Support and care in your own home

If you need help to live independently in your own home, or you are finding it difficult to manage at home, family and friends may be able to help. Alternatively, you could consider using the services of a home care/support provider. Home care providers employ care assistants to provide help in people’s homes.

Care assistants can provide help with personal care such as bathing, washing and dressing, and/or meals. They are trained in personal care, moving and handling, food hygiene, and infection control. They must be checked with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
and have had their references checked by their employers. If you require nursing care at home, some home care providers can provide this. Some people may also require
assistance with other day to day needs.