Support in Cornwall

Support for carers in Cornwall

There are various voluntary organisations in Cornwall providing information, advice and support to carers. Visit for further information.

A Dementia Carers Support Worker supports carers in West Cornwall who are caring for someone with dementia. To contact the worker, call Cornwall Adult Social Services on 0300 1234 131.


You can buy telecare and assistive technology from private companies and organisations or, if you’re eligible through an assessment, Cornwall Council may be able to provide it for you.  For further information, please visit

Assessments in Cornwall

If you would like a care needs assessment, contact Cornwall Council’s Adult Social Services department, which is responsible for this process. Call 0300 1234 131.

Help at home in Cornwall

Age UK Cornwall’s Home Support service can help with domestic tasks such as cleaning and shopping, or can just stay with someone to allow their carer to go out.

Tel: 01872 266383

British Red Cross also provides a support at home service.

Lighterage Hill,
Newham TR1 2XR

Tel: 01872 272878

Royal Voluntary Service Cornwall and Devon can tailor support to your individual needs, including community transport services to keep you mobile.

Tel: 01209 705159

Sensory services in Cornwall

If you need support with a sensory impairment (for example, a hearing difficulty, sight loss or deafness or blindness), contact Cornwall’s Adult Social Services on 0300 1234 131.

You can also contact the Cornwall Blind Association for support with sensory loss in Cornwall.


Support, information and advice for blind and partially sighted people living in Cornwall.

Tel: 01872 261110