Who will arrange my care?

If the council contributes to or pays for your formal care they will also make the necessary arrangements for you to receive it. There are changes to the way they provide care and support to older people and people with disabilities, as traditionally professionals made many of the decisions about the support that people could have and how this would be provided. As a result, people often had limited choice about the services they received – this has now changed.