The Wiltshire Care Partnership
Wiltshire Care Partnership (WCP) is a member-led organisation. Our role is to represent and support independent providers of residential, nursing and domiciliary care for older people and adults with disabilities in Wiltshire, working alongside commissioners to achieve the provision of high quality, safe services.
WCP provides a valuable channel of communication, facilitating the exchange of information and ideas and the sharing of best practice amongst our members. WCP acts as a voice for care providers and makes sure that their skills and expertise are used effectively to achieve the best outcomes.
Membership of WCP is open to all independent sector registered providers of residential, nursing and domiciliary care for older people and adults with disabilities. Our members currently provide more than 60% of all older people’s residential and nursing care in the county, and we have also been joined by a significant number of Wiltshire’s domiciliary care providers.
Key benefits of membership include:
- Monthly e-bulletin with key local, national and members’ news, information, and links to events, training and publications.
- Quarterly forum meetings exclusively for members, focused on issues of importance to providers, and invitations to future WCP events and conferences (free or at discount to members).
- Regular email updates and quarterly e-surveys to identify members’ needs and issues.
- Voting power to elect the WCP Board and influence the annual work programme.
- The opportunity to engage with and influence the agenda of commissioners and new local developments.
- Access to a joint working programme with commissioners focused on shared priorities.
- Input to the joint work programme between WCP and Wiltshire and Swindon Care Skills Partnership, to identify and respond to the specific training and development needs of local care home providers, registered managers and staff.
WCP’s board is made up of provider representatives, who have full voting rights, and who include members of the Wiltshire RNHA, WCA, Wiltshire Domiciliary Care Providers Association (WDCPA) and Learning Disabilities Provider Forum. Wiltshire Council and Wiltshire Clinical Commissioning Group are represented on the board, but do not have voting rights. This ensures high level discussion of key issues, giving WCP members a voice at a senior level in both commissioning organisations.
If you are a provider of residential, nursing or domiciliary care in Wiltshire, please do consider joining Wiltshire Care Partnership. The stronger the membership, the better WCP can develop effective peer support, grow a collective voice and influence, and work together with commissioners to achieve the provision of high quality, safe services now and in the future.
To find out more about WCP and how to contact us, please visit our website at www.wiltshirecarepartnership.org.uk